The Tiler is responsible for making sure that the walls are plumb and straight before he begins. It his Licence that stipulates that he must undertake his profession in a Tradesmen and professional like manner. If they are not he should notify the builder or person in charge because Spot Fixing Glue is not an acceptable practice under the Australian Standard 3958.1-2007 to adhere tiles to a wall or floor where the level is detrimental to the use of a 12mm notched trowel or less dependent on the tile being used to apply the adhesive. The tile is required to be adhered to the surface by a certain percentage of adhesive based on where it is being installed.
Areas prone to sunlight are required to have movement joints at regular intervals especially on floors and most tilers are not aware of the full Australian Standard in the laying of tiles. There are numerous other areas where they also fail to provide a professional finish to their work.
These areas I see are regularly non-compliant with a multitude of defects from movement joints, falls and tile spacing’s that lead to defective workmanship and the areas involved requiring major repairs.
Are provided on any Tiling Systems and Defects, Product Installation and Compliance. These Reports are also for NCAT and Civil Court proceedings.
To gain the most from any inspection even with specialist tools some areas of tiling may require to be removed or small holes drilled to access the affected areas to make a determination but being a Wall and Floor Tiler I can also replace the tile in that area until a determination can be made on an outcome of the repair works. (Scope of Work)
I have many specialist instruments and equipment for reaching hard to access areas including:
- Flir Borescope with two way 2m long articulated LED lit camera
- Thermal Cameras FLIR E75 and E6
- Flir Damp and Humidity moisture meter
- Starret digital calipers
- De-Felsko Positector 6000 with FNS Probe for all metallic surface coatings. NAS Probe for all Anodised aluminium coatings and Surface coating probe for all other material coatings such as paint and waterproof membranes.
- De-Walt cross line lasers (Green and Red)
- Stabila laser distance measure, Rotating site laser and telescopic and digital levels.
- Bosch metal, timber and electrical cable wall finder
- NIX Paint sensor and colour matching technology
- DJI Matrice 210 Drone with Z30 zoom camera and FLIR XT2 Thermal Camera. Flying and inspection lights. IP 43 weather resistant.