There are many suppliers of products to the Building and Construction industry that many contractors do not install properly, or the whole proprietary systems involved by leaving parts out to make their costs cheaper or not complying with compatible manufacturers material requirements.
I have witnessed first-hand on many occasions the systematic abuse of these instructions and products that lead to failure resulting in building defects and the manufacturers warranties being void. This leads to costly disputes and issues that could have been avoided by having a Scope of Works provided to instruct those not versed in their product knowledge.
This never occurred on my projects but getting the point across could be somewhat stressful at times and I realized that not even paper Builders, Sub-Contractors, Project managers, Site managers and Business owners would have the knowledge base but were only concerned about time and costs which eventuates to disputes and failures in the work later on.
Some Consultants in the building industry have also never been at work in the industry and may have degrees or have read the BCA/NCC and work from that but there are also many facets to product applications especially if it is a renovation or addition to an existing building which the BCA/NCC does not cover or is very ambiguous because the existing work is not new or compliant but it was built within the criteria of the buildings standards at that time.
With 40 years-experience as a hands-on Builder and multi skilled I became a knowledge base in a lot of materials and applications and if I did not know something then it was easy to find out and formulate an installation guide. I also had to amalgamate new work with older works and make the product installations work as best as I could.
I have many specialist instruments and equipment for reaching hard to access areas including:
- Flir Borescope with two way 2m long articulated LED lit camera
- Thermal Cameras FLIR E75 and E6
- Flir Damp and Humidity moisture meter
- Starret digital calipers
- De-Felsko Positector 6000 with FNS Probe for all metallic surface coatings. NAS Probe for all Anodised aluminium coatings and Surface coating probe for all other material coatings such as paint and waterproof membranes.
- De-Walt cross line lasers (Green and Red)
- Stabila laser distance measure, Rotating site laser and telescopic and digital levels.
- Bosch metal, timber and electrical cable wall finder
- NIX Paint sensor and colour matching technology
- DJI Matrice 210 Drone with Z30 zoom camera and FLIR XT2 Thermal Camera. Flying and inspection lights. IP 43 weather resistant.