Professional Dilapidation Reports By SBDIR
A dilapidation report is a document outlining the condition of a premises prior to building work taking place. If work is occurring on the premises or property adjacent, a dilapidation report is required. These nearby works can be at adjoining properties or elsewhere at neighbouring property. Location availability depends on the scale of the project.
A dilapidation report can be compiled following council instruction.
A condition report is a report that records the condition of the building. It also records any damage that has occurred to aspects of the property at any point in time. A dilapidation report records any existing damage prior to being affected by construction work excavation or demolition.
Records are made when the building has been recorded as having become damaged as a result of a building project. Reports can be made after works commence as possible structural or floor and wall coverings become more noticeably visible.
I have 40 Years experience completing building work on terraced homes mainly from 1990-2017. I have worked primarily in the Leichhardt, Balmain, Lilyfield and Rozelle and Five Dock areas. I was constantly working with dilapidation report examples for existing structures in the neighbouring premises.
Detailed information is provided in written and photographic form for use in disputes at NCAT, CIVIL COURT and COUNCIL REQUIREMENTS. Inspection reports (dilapidation report samples) are for residential and commercial tenants and property owners. They are used when moving in and out of premises. They are needed only when tenants have occupied and altered or possibly damaged the property.
Condition reports will also include a repair schedule, scope of works and quotes to reinstate the area to its previous condition. This latter operation occurs prior to the commencement of tenancy.
These building inspections (dilapidation survey reports) can focus on:
- wall cracks
- doors not closing
- water run-off
- cracked pathways
- damp issues
- external and internal wall movement
- soil erosion
- damage caused by constant vibration or demolition work.
- Overall condition of a property at a given point.
- Floor tile decay
- Road Condition
- Footpath condition
- Tree conditions covered by the DA know as Tree Protection Zones (TPZ)
This area of work also includes reports on poorly maintained buildings. These require multiple areas of remedial work following years of neglect which has resulted in structural damage. The decay of wall and floor linings may have occured too. Also present may be damp and water ingress from roof areas and poorly maintained external wall claddings.
The two most toxic elements in buildings, Asbestos and Black Mould (Stachybotrys Chartarum), if present, will require a dilapidation report.
I have many specialist instruments and equipment for reaching hard to access areas including:
- Flir Borescope with two way 2m long articulated LED lit camera
- Thermal Cameras FLIR E75 and E6
- Flir Damp and Humidity moisture meter
- Starret digital calipers
- De-Felsko Positector 6000 with FNS Probe for all metallic surface coatings. NAS Probe for all Anodised aluminium coatings. Surface coating probe for all other material coatings such as paint and waterproof membranes.
- De-Walt cross line lasers (Green and Red)
- Stabila laser distance measure, Rotating site laser and telescopic and digital levels.
- Bosch metal, timber and electrical cable wall finder
- NIX Paint sensor and colour matching technology
- DJI Enterprise Mavic Thermal Drone
- DJI Pro Zoom 2 Mavic Drone
- DJI Matrice 210 V2 Drone with high quality Z30 zoom camera and FLIR XT2 Thermal Camera. Flying and inspection lights and IP 43 weather resistant.
Contact me at Sydney Building Defects Inspection Reports when you need a dilapidation report. Richard has over 40 years’ experience in the business and will be sure to help you in your situation.
I have presently 10 years consulting experience firstly under the SOPA NSW 1999 and the BCIPA QLD 2004. This period includes the time since i obtained my Advanced Diploma In Building and Construction in 2010.
Since March 2017 I have been concentrating on Building Defects and associated reports. I have 100% win rate since 2010
Contact Richard Jones, the professional, today on 0419 416 040 for a quick, confidential chat about your situation.