DAMP AND THERMOGRAPHY REPORTS
Damp Building Defects and Reports based on using the latest Thermal technology that is Non-Destructive initially progressing possibly to using Digital Bore Scopes for additional clarification through the drilling of small holes for clarification for hard to access areas.
The reports are full and comprehensive noting the exact areas where the issues maybe and compiling the best way to treat or seal those areas and leaks and referral to long standing contractors specialising in their field to rectify those issues which can be.
- Termite nests and colonies
- Damp in walls and ceilings
- Failed waterproof membranes
- Heat loss through the building
- Cool air loss through the building
- Sub Floor moisture causing structural decay of the foundations and timber framing and damp in masonry and plasterwork.
- Leaking roofs
- Faulty Electrical connections from residential main boards, sub-boards, Machinery, Isolator, GPO and Light switches, Circuit breaker resistance.
- Vermin activity
- Water seepage.
- Blocked drainage and storm water pipes
- Hot, cold and gas copper pipe joint failures.
- Wall and floor Tile adhesion compliance
This is a recognized specialist field of work known as Building Biology.
Health and Damp issues
Serious health issues can result in damp walls and mould occurring internally within homes and should be dealt with immediately. The spores become airborne and you then inhale them. Cleaning with ammonia, chlorine or bleach is only superficial because the mould continues to live deeper in the substrate affected and will require complete removal of that material where it has been infected.
Some of these are listed below.
- Brain fog
- Lung infections
- Muscle and joint pain
- Depression and anxiety
- Dry coughs
- Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) This can kill you and at the very least cause serious health issues as reported 21 May 2018 in the Daily Mail. Please see June 2018 Blog for more information.
Mice, Rats and Possums cause disease in the home through urinating and defecating in the roof space, wall cavities and on the insulation where they inhabit.
I have many specialist instruments and equipment for reaching hard to access areas including:
- Flir Borescope with articulated camera
- Flir Thermal imaging camera
- Flir Damp and Humidity moisture meter
- Starret digital calipers
- De-Felsko Positector membrane and paint thickness detector for all materials
- De-Walt cross line lasers (Green and Red)
- Stabila laser distance measure, Rotating site laser and telescopic and digital levels.
- Bosch metal, timber and electrical cable wall finder
- DJI Drone weatherproof with Zoom camera
- NIX Paint sensor and colour matching technology
Flir Instruments testing course
Thermography 1 Course University Melbourne