The Building Code of Australia (BCA) and the National Construction Code (NCC) are due to be updated in 2018.
The NCC was created so that Regional Climatic Conditions (RCC) of various States and Territories could be included in relation to the construction codes that are required in these areas such as the Cyclonic Construction Code which is used in Central and Far North QLD, Darwin and surrounding northerly areas of the NT and the Northern part of WA and its upper West Coast.
All buildings new, renovated or added to are to comply with these codes and the relevant Australian Standards
There are lot of issues occurring with Non-compliance with the BCA and NCC regarding works undertaken in many forms from Concreting, Bricklaying, Roofing, Timber Framing, Steel erection Waterproofing and many other aesthetic finishes that have to adhere to the Australian Standards as well.
I have worked closely with a large area of the BCA and NCC hands on for close to 40 years 3 of which were in Tropical Queensland and have seen and dealt with many of the discrepancies in trade work and product installation and compliance.
Are provided on any Building Defects, Product Installation Compliance, Change of use for commercial areas, Australian Standards, Upgrades and the repair work required to make them comply. These reports are also for NCAT and Civil Court proceedings
Tiling systems and Defects and Waterproofing Systems and Defects internal and external are my speciality which are detailed under another link.
I do not undertake reports on the Installation, Maintenance and Upgrade of Fire Systems and Fire Safety Panels.
An independent Company that specialises in these areas should be contacted especially because of the most recent issues with the Façade panelling on some of the high-rise buildings in Australia.
This also includes the installation of Vermiculite which has to be undertaken and certified upon completion.
I have many specialist instruments and equipment for reaching hard to access areas including:
- Flir Borescope with two way 2m long articulated LED lit camera
- Thermal Cameras FLIR E75 and E6
- Flir Damp and Humidity moisture meter
- Starret digital calipers
- De-Felsko Positector 6000 with FNS Probe for all metallic surface coatings. NAS Probe for all Anodised aluminium coatings and Surface coating probe for all other material coatings such as paint and waterproof membranes.
- De-Walt cross line lasers (Green and Red)
- Stabila laser distance measure, Rotating site laser and telescopic and digital levels.
- Bosch metal, timber and electrical cable wall finder
- NIX Paint sensor and colour matching technology
- DJI Matrice 210 Drone with Z30 zoom camera and FLIR XT2 Thermal Camera. Flying and inspection lights. IP 43 weather resistant.